- "Science fiction is an existential metaphor. It allows us to tell stories about the human condition. Isaac Asimov once said: "Individual science fiction stories may seem as trivial as ever to the blinder critics and philosophers of today, but the core of science fiction, its essence, has become crucial to our salvation, if we are to be saved at all.""
- ―Douglas Anders in "200"
|This user has seen and own every episode of Stargate SG-1, as well as the The Ark of Truth and Continuum.|
|This user has seen and own every episode of Stargate: Atlantis.|
|This user has seen and own every episode of Stargate Universe.|
|This user has a wide understanding of the Stargate universe.|
Hello fellow Stargaters, my name is Matthew R Dunn of the Tau'ri and I am a big Science-fiction fan, although that being said, I am also big on other non-sci-fi shows (particularly crime and Simpsons/Family Guy related). My favourite sci-fis include Battlestar Galactica (2004), Doctor Who, Torchwood, Lost, Fringe, FlashForward, Sanctuary and especially, Stargate.
I contribute on just about anything in this Wiki, such as; expanding episode guides and other articles, cleaning up after other users, creating several pages (some of them I'd like to think really contributing to this wiki), and added several new images. If anyone has any quiries, compliments, complaints, or you need help from me, feel free to leave a message on my talk page (preferably, I want to make sure that it is a less insulting as possible)
- 1 Fondness for Stargate
- 2 My collection
- 3 Favourite Stargate things
- 4 Favourite episodes
- 5 Favourite moments
- 6 Favourite quotes
- 7 Stargate dreams
- 8 Star gallery
- 9 Other wikis you can find me in
Fondness for Stargate
I got into Stargate because my parents watch it. The first episode I've ever seen whole was Window of Opportunity and I loved it. I really got into Stargate since Season eight. Now Stargate is officially my second favourite franchise in the world, after James Bond. Stargate is more-or less a family activity; as almost everyone loves Stargate. One of the reason I love Stargate is because I am absolutely fascinated with the ancient mythological world, I've once been to Egypt and heard several of their myths that seemed fairly similar to the myths I heard on the show. That said I don't think it's perfect, no franchise is. There are flaws, like English speaking aliens with no valid explanation as to why, and unresolved plots (including the Reetou, and the Aris Boch incident; Carter was supposed to work on a cure for this drug, but there was nothing said about it ever since) And since 2008, I started editing on this fair wiki. I think it's one of the more successful ones (recently this wiki surpassed 10,000 pages). I may have dropped out of regular editing since 2010, I keep coming back and forth.
What "normal people" think about Stargate
It seems that a lot of people have heard of the franchise, but merely think "meh..." when it comes to actually watching it. In fact, the people who don't watch it, don't like it, even though they may have never seen an episode. However, in 2012, I worked in a shop where one of my coworkers happened to be a Gater! The following is a list of what people I know say about the show that are either negative or vague (actual quotes), unfortunately none really positive. I though I'd add the quotes in an attempt for some comedic value;
- "It's a bit like Star Trek."
- ―A friend, who doesn't like Star Trek
- "Urgh, it's almost as boring as Star Trek."
- ―Another friend, also doesn't like Star Trek, but like she said "almost as boring", there's still hope yet!
- "Yeah, me ex [boyfriend] watches it."
- ―My crush, whom I occasionally mention in the dreams page
- "I hate it, because me parents watch it."
- ―Sister's friend, who seems to hate her parents
- "My dad watches Stargate, and it disrupts other things I watch."
- ―Another friend
- Stargate SG-1: The Complete First Season (boxset)
- Stargate SG-1: The Complete Second Season (boxset)
- Stargate SG-1: The Complete Third Season (boxset)
- Stargate SG-1: The Complete Fourth Season (boxset)
- Stargate SG-1: The Complete Fifth Season (boxset)
- Stargate SG-1: The Complete Sixth Season (boxset)
- Stargate SG-1: The Complete Seventh Season (boxset)
- Stargate SG-1: The Complete Eighth Season (volumes)
- Stargate SG-1: The Complete Ninth Season (boxset)
- Stargate SG-1: The Complete Tenth Season (volumes)
- Stargate Atlantis: The Complete First Season (boxset)
- Stargate Atlantis: The Complete Second Season (volumes)
- Stargate Atlantis: The Complete Third Season (volumes)
- Stargate Atlantis: The Complete Fourth Season (volumes)
- Stargate Atlantis: The Complete Fifth Season (volumes)
- Stargate: The Ark of Truth
- Stargate: Continuum
- Stargate (movie)
- Stargate: Continuum (not sure why we have this on both blu-ray and DVD)
- Stargate Universe: The Complete First Season
- Stargate Atlantis: The Complete Series Collection
- Stargate Atlantis: Rising
- Stargate Atlantis: Reliquary
- Stargate Atlantis: The Chosen
- Stargate Atlantis: Entanglement
- Stargate Atlantis: Casualties of War
- Stargate Atlantis: Blood Ties
- Stargate Atlantis: Mirror Mirror
- Stargate Atlantis: Nightfall
- Stargate Atlantis: Angelus
- Stargate SG-1: Roswell
Favourite Stargate things
To fill the gap on your right, I've put up some pics regarding Fran and her plan.
- Series; Stargate Atlantis
- Movie; Stargate: Continuum
- Male characters; Jack O'Neill, Daniel Jackson, Teal'c, Rodney McKay, John Sheppard, Carson Beckett, Matthew Scott and Eli Wallace
- Female characters; Vala Mal Doran, Teyla Emmagan, Janet Fraiser, Carolyn Lam, Jennifer Keller and Tamara Johansen
- Villains; Apophis, Ba'al, Michael Kenmore, Netan and Acastus Kolya
- Starship classes; Gateships, Aurora-class battleships, 304s and City-ships
- Weapons; P-90, G36, Ronon's Gun and Zats
- Space battles; Battle of Asuras and Battle of Dakara
- Brief Candle
- There But for the Grace of God
- A Matter of Time
- Window of Opportunity
- The Tomb
- Desperate Measures
- Wormhole X-Treme!
- 48 Hours
- The Other Guys
- Paradise Lost
- Full Circle
- Fallen / Homecoming
- Evolution, Part 1 / Evolution, Part 2
- Lost City, Part 1 / Lost City, Part 2
- Prometheus Unbound
- Reckoning, Part 1 / Reckoning, Part 2
- Ex Deus Machina
- Ripple Effect
- Off the Grid
- Flesh and Blood
- The Pegasus Project
- Company of Thieves
- The Storm / The Eye
- The Siege, Part 1 / The Siege, Part 2 / The Siege, Part 3
- Critical Mass
- Grace Under Pressure
- No Man's Land
- The Real World
- First Strike / Adrift / Lifeline
- Tabula Rasa
- This Mortal Coil / Be All My Sins Remember'd
- The Last Man / Search and Rescue
- The Daedalus Variations
- The Shrine
- First Contact / The Lost Tribe
- The Prodigal
- Enemy at the Gate
- SG-1 tries to fend off the Replicators whilst retreating to another ship. (SG1: "Enemies")
- Jonas is underwater and rings himself into a dryer part of the Ha'tak, which later caused the water to spread out and Jonas fell. (SG1: "Descent")
- SG-1 holds off Ba'al's forces while trying to retrieve the missing Stargates. (SG1: "Off the Grid")
- The moment the supergate opened and the kawoosh destroyed an Ori ship, and a Hive ship was destroyed at the same time in Pegasus. (SG1: "The Pegasus Project")
- Puppet SG-1. (SG1: "200")
- McKay points his gun at the Wraith, until suddenly, in Johnny English fashion, accidentally puts out the magazine. (SGA: "The Siege, Part 3")
- McKay, doped up on the Wraith enzyme overpowers two of Ford's guards. (SGA: "The Hive")
- Niam drifting in space. (SGA: "Progeny")
- Lucius, who has the now depleted personal sheild told a kid to kick him as hard as he can, and off screen you hear a thump and a loud "Ow, ow!!". (SGA: "Irresponsible")
- McKay bids Beckett farewell after his death. (SGA: "Sunday")
- Sheppard and Zelenka performing a space-hop through a damaged section of Atlantis. (SGA: "Adrift")
- A zoom out from Michael's compound to show the planet, another planet, a gas giant, a nebulae and then a zoom into another star system to a planet where Michael's cruiser is lurking about. (SGA: "Search and Rescue")
- The expedition looks at McKay laptop, and sees a message saying "elizabeth weir". (SGA: "Ghost in the Machine")
- The Daedalus enters M6H-987's atmosphere, where it glows red, and little pieces of the ship fall off it, and just as it goes through the clouds, a Traveler ship flies in front of it, and opens a hyperspace window, where both ships jumps to the other side of the planet. (SGA: "The Lost Tribe")
- Just about every hand-to-hand combat scene with Ronon in it.
- Icarus Base explodes. (SGU: "Air, Part 1")
- The argument between Nicholas Rush and Ronald Greer. (SGU: "Air, Part 3")
- Emily Young unknowingly having extramarital sex with the real Telford for five seconds during an FTL-related communication setback. (SGU: "Earth")
- Greer tests out the potato Jeremy Franklin grew, and claims it tastes very good. However, as they others try it out, they find it disgusting. (SGU: "Justice")
Hammond: You ever think of writing a book on your exploits in the line of duty?
O'Neill: I've thought about it. But then I'd have to shoot anyone that actually read it.
Teal'c: Things will not calm down, Daniel Jackson, they will in fact calm up.
O'Neill: Carter. Where there's a will, there's an "or".
O'Neill: What kind of archeaologist carries a weapon?
Jackson: Uh, I do.
Hammond: Colonel O'Neill, what the hell are you doing?
O'Neill: In the middle of my backswing!
O'Neill: I'm telling you, Teal'c. If we don't find a way out of this soon I'm going to lose it. Lose it…it means go crazy, nuts, insane, bonzo, no longer in possession of one's faculties, three fries short of a happy meal...WACKO!!!
O'Neill: If I ask "what", and you say "it's classified", I'm gonna shoot ya.
O'Neill: Come on Teal'c. A part of you has to know the truth.
Teal'c: The truth is you are a prisoner of Apophis. When the symbiote that I carry matures, you will become its host.
O'Neill: OK, I meant the other truth.
O'Neill finds Maybourne near his car
Maybourne: Hi, Jack.
O'Neill: (runs towards him) You rat bastard!
Maybourne: (takes cover) Hey, hey, take it easy, Jack!
O'Neill: I'm so gonna kick your ass!
Maybourne: There's people watching.
O'Neill: I don't care!!
Hayes: Oh, please, I have enough on you to have you shot!
O'Neill: The second things start getting a little squirrelly... uh, Daniel? Squirrelly?
Vala: Ow, you hit me.
Daniel: You hit me!
Vala: Yeah, well we could always just have sex instead.
O'Neill: Five bucks says Carter has a theory.
Landry: She accused the Chairman of the Senate Appropriations Committee of having a, let's just call it an insufficient manhood.
Alternate Mitchell: Now, let me get this straight. We figured that you guys would try to escape, and we set this trap for you. Not realising that you'd figure out that we'd figure you out, and you set your own.
Teal'c: (after a lengthy pause) Indeed.
Mitchell: Who am I kidding? I knew you were an asshole the moment we met!
(McKay returns to Atlantis, high on the enzyme)
McKay: I know what I need to do!
Weir: Rodney, what's happened? Where are the rest of them?
McKay: There's no time, no time. The planet, not Ford's, the one the, uh, ship's headed towards, we need to get there and we don't have much time. I was barely able to escape myself, but I managed to take out the guards. Oh, you should have seen me! I was amazing! I wish we'd got it on camera because... That's not the point.
Weir: Rodney, slow down. Are you alright?
McKay: Yes, yes. I mean, um... I dunno. I mean, I did take out the guards and they were huge and dumb and stupid and...
Weir: What guards?
McKay: Ford's guards! Haven't I mentioned Ford?
Weir: No, you didn't, and you haven't even mentioned Sheppard, Teyla and Ronon either.
McKay: Yes! They were there too, and there were the two guards. They were huge and massive and I had to take 'em out, so I had to inject some of the enzyme.
Weir: You took some of the enzyme?!
McKay: No-no-no-no-no-no-no. I didn't take some of the enzyme. I took a lot of the enzyme, because I had to, because I had to take out the guards, which I did, and you should have seen me, I was amazing!
Weir: Are you insane?!
McKay: Yes, yes, now that I've taken the enzyme, yes.
Weir: Rodney, focus. Where is Colonel Sheppard?
McKay: No, no, no, I had to take the enzyme because, because I had to take out the guards! But that's not the point, the point is we don't have enough time. We need to stop the ship from getting to where the ship is going.
Weir: Come on, come on, let's take a walk to the Infirmary, alright?
McKay: Whoa-whoa-whoa-whoa-whoa, what are you doing? No-no-no-no, I don't wanna go to the Infirmary. I wanna go to the, to the, uh... the, um... (faints)
McKay: Is that really how you want this to go down, huh? You wanna freeze me to death?! You sure you wouldn't rather I imploded with you, you, you, you lemon?!
McKay: Just about everything we wanted to know about Wraith technology, but were afraid to ask.
McKay: Oh it's something like spyware, like my stupidly downloaded por... music, my downloaded music.
Sheppard: (attempting to get a deaf McKay his attention) Canadian football league's a joke. Celine Dion is overrated. Zelenka is smarter that you are.
McKay: Let's just for a second imagine that we live in this magical land of unicorns and wizards and kind-hearted people who you can take at their word. Let's assume that he lets us go if we save her. But what if we fail, huh? What if she dies? How happy d'you think he'll be then? You think he'll let us just waltz out the door with an "Aw shucks. Well, better luck next time, tiger" attitude?
Sheppard: Easy Chewie, those buttons are your friends!
Other (behind the scenes)
Andy Mikita: (just patted Thor on the back pretty hard) Oh, sorry, I didn't know you could get hurt that bad.
Thor: Ow, that really hurt.
Andy Mikita: Sorry.
Thor: I'm going to call my attorney.
McKay: F**king Woolsey (from a blooper)
I have had several dreams, a lot of them, so I created a subpage on it, see it. The link to the page is right above this.
The gallery below shows the various Stargate characters, and where I've seen them on other TV shows/movies (note that I may not know everything, if you leave me a message saying "you missed out that guy as person X from show Y", then chances are, I don't see nor hear about the show. Also, this does not count cartoon voices (so I'm afraid Dan Castellaneta (Homer Simpson from The Simpsons), Ming-Na (Mulan from Mulan) or David Ogden Stiers (Radcliff from Pocahontas) and others don't count)