I konw we should wait for the next pages to be released, but how can the Back to Destiny series be canon? One of the main parts of Destiny's History was changed in the comics!
Destiny's technology (Stargate included) predates Earth's first gate (the Beta Gate), placing the ship's construction between 60-50 million years ago. And in the comics the Ancient's flashback states that Destiny was being finished on Earth's orbit 1 million years ago... And the Ancients were living in Pegasus by that time.
Can someone explain things for me? 22.214.171.124 01:45, March 29, 2018 (UTC)Leonardo Faber
- On the first episode of Stargate Universe, Air, Part 1, Dr. Rush states that destiny was built 'hundreds of thousands of years ago'. That itself contradicts established canon. The first episode of Stargate Atlantis depicts Atlantis leaving Earth "several million years ago". The events at the beginning of The Ark of Truth occurred "millions of years ago". So, apparently "millions of years ago" means between 1 million and 50+ million. In general, I feel like the timeline/time scale is something that consistently gets messed up. -Anubis 10545 (talk) (Contribs) 06:49, March 29, 2018 (UTC)
- All the examples you gave me have the same meaning: they all mean that something happended a long time ago.
- None of them has an specific time period, so it's quite acceptable.
- 1. Rush's statement in Air, Part 1, 'hundreds of thousands of years ago'= long ago, a long time ago, long before anything we know (and by the way, if we put hundreds of thousands together we have millions).
- 2. Atlantis leaving Earth for Pegasus in Rising's prologue, 'several million years ago'= correct, after all that happended somewhere between 5 and 10 million years ago (Elizabeth Weir's tape to Simon Wallace), which it was a long time ago.
- 3. Stargate: The Ark of Truth's prologue, 'millions of years ago, in a distant galaxy'= also correct, since the Alteran Counsil decided not to use the Ark of Truth as a weapon against the Ori when they were still living in the Alteran Home Galaxy, long before anything we know.
- The 1 million years ago shocked me, I can't deny it. But I addmit that my reaction was unnecessary. After all, '1 million years ago' is more precise than 'millions of years ago'. A possibility that crossed my mind is that the Lantean Society built Destiny while they were still living in Pegasus.
- But, like I said, we'll have to wait for the next pages and find out.126.96.36.199 18:40, April 2, 2018 (UTC)Leonardo Faber