Got bored and was listening to Gateworld podcasts about the cancelation... SGU is already in post production so Season 2 won't end.... this last episode will end on a clifthanger and we will never know what will happen D:
- They might make a TV movie to end it, like the did with SG1 in Ark of Truth... It'd have to be a pretty well compacted film though - they might even have to do it over two or three (Stargate: The Destiny Trilogy, or Stargate: The Final Trilogy) :) Sman789 (talk) (Contribs) 14:45, December 22, 2010 (UTC)
- SG-1 had Atlantis so the plot wouldn't have completely died even without the AoT and Continuum, but I hope that they come to their senses about SGU and make a Atlantis movie instead, or better yet, renew Atlantis.(So unlikely that it's not going to happen, but if someone invents a way to jump to different realities, I can find one where SGA didn't die. That's more likely than the show being renewed.) Jauh0 (talk) (Contribs) 23:25, January 1, 2011 (UTC)
- What if they decide to refilm the last episode? They still have enough time to film that last episode again. They have like 6 months to film and edit the episode. That should be plenty of time to refilm that last episode and end the series. The way I see this series ending, is they either get back to Earth, they all blow up, or they learn to ascend and then get back to Earth. Or it will be something like Lost where they decide to stay on Destiny for the rest of their lives. There should also be an episode where the stones get damaged or destroyed. General Heed (talk) (Contribs) 19:59, January 2, 2011 (UTC)
- There's a lot of "shoulds" in SGU, but I don't see a good way to end the series with the time they have left. I can only hope that things will be wrapped up later. Making them get home in just 1 ep is too sudden. On the bright side, this being effectively the end of Stargate(Way to go TPTB. Got any more good ideas? Cuz this series certainly wasn't one), there will finally be a "complete" SG collection. Jauh0 (talk) (Contribs) 23:09, January 2, 2011 (UTC)
- They probably won't be re-filming the last episode to wrap things up. MGM is in very dire financial straits at the moment and I doubt they would allocate funds to re-film an episode of a show that was just cancelled because of poor ratings. --D Toccs (talk) (Contribs) 03:26, January 3, 2011 (UTC)
I don't think they will have an ultimate end. They will probably leave the ending of the specific story done with but the overall SGU Story will be open. And who knows. MAybe after awhile they'll decide to start the show back up in a year or 2.
- The ratings are far too low for a dvd film to wrap up the series but I wouldnt put the possibility of a concluding book trilogy past them. 22.214.171.124 17:28, April 16, 2011 (UTC)
I think it may end the story for good and the return to Earth. Stargate Universe doesn't exactly have one of those stories that can go on forever. In a preview for the next episode, it's been confirmed that a black hole is heading towards Novus. Well that black hole solves all of their problems. All they need to do is fly Destiny close to the black hole and dial Earth. The black hole will provide all the energy needed to dial Earth. That's how the Ori can dial the Milky Way using the Supergate. That's also how Earth was able to block the Supergate by dialing the Pegasus galaxy and maintaining the wormhole open indefinitely. So if Destiny does the same thing and flies close enough to a black hole, they should easily be able to dial Earth without time traveling or anything like that. Perhaps that's why this last episode is called Gauntlet. The black hole is a "Gauntlet" of energy. 126.96.36.199 05:00, April 21, 2011 (UTC)
- Not that easy I think, they made this episode long before they found out the show was cancelled. Plus they've said this season ends on a cliffhanger. Supertrinko (talk) (Contribs) 06:37, April 21, 2011 (UTC)
No, I think what Gauntlet means is... Now that we know the drones can track Destiny by following active wormholes... and probably know that they use stars to recharge as well... all the drones would have to do is go to every star in Destiny's path before they get there, making them unable to recharge. Destiny wouldn't be able to risk opening the Stargate because the drones would go right to them. Destiny would be without power and supplies if this happened, right? So, I think that Gauntlet means they'll have to take a stand and fight their way through a "Gauntlet" of drones and command ships. This would also explain the meaning behind the "Blockade" from the previous episode. I got this idea from the short episode summaries that Syfy and Space have posted. Too bad this will be the end of Stargate for at least a couple years... and it goes out on a "to be continued" too... I wish they could at least make their Universe movie, then Stargate: Revolution, then Stargate: Extinction, then finally the movie that Brad Wright wanted to make combining all 3 series to give the franchise a REAL ending... I guess now we're not going to know for a long time. Byakuya Truelight (talk) (Contribs) 01:49, April 23, 2011 (UTC)
It's all because people whine about every little thing. SGU is a perfectly good replacement for the dull series Stargate was turning into. Going through the gate over and over again, that's boring. There is so much more action in this....now we lost stargate sg-1, stargate atlantis, AND stargate universe.
Yep, this will most likely be a cliff hanger ending. I just don't see how the series can suddenly end anymore based on the plot summaries provided. Unless they try dialing a star again. Or...Someone comes to the rescue of Destiny. There's no way Destiny can take on a full scale drone invasion again. But the plot summary says they have to take a stand. They can't do it alone. Someone or something might help them. Perhaps those Obelisk alens return. Obviously we know now that the Blueberry aliens aren't capable of defeating the drones. It would take an alien race much more advanced to defeat the drones. A more outlandish theory would be Earth figured out a way to reach Destiny with ships and save the crew using Asgard weapons against the drones. Or... a 3rd possibility is that Destiny uses a black hole's power to dial Earth. They've done that many times before in SG-1. Regardless, I can't wait to see how the series end. Whether it will be a cliff hanger or a SGA-style ending General Heed (talk) (Contribs) 04:14, April 26, 2011 (UTC)
Or it'd be something like Twin Destinies where Rush and a few other people volunteer to stay behind. Once everyone else is through the gate, they can fly the ship to safety. And after the episode epilouge, there's a perfectly good black hole for them to use. General Heed (talk) (Contribs) 23:43, April 28, 2011 (UTC)
You know what would shock me more than anything... is if after Stargate Universe ends... after a couple of years, MGM decides to reboot the franchise by going to Dean Devlin for his sequel ideas to the original Stargate movie starring Kurt Russell and James Spader. Now that would be... mind-boggling. Lol. Byakuya Truelight (talk) (Contribs) 13:39, May 1, 2011 (UTC)
- You know. I loved the original movie. It was a classic. But if they went to Devlin's proposed storyline instead of SG-1/SGA/SGU...that would be like a final kill shot. After everything that's happenned to the fans (series cancellations, game failures, etc.)...I honestly don't think I would be able to watch that. 01:46, May 2, 2011 (UTC)Phoenix304 (talk) (Contribs)
And if not that, at least we still have novels to continue each series' story. If Stargate: Extinction never gets made, then Stargate Atlantis: Legacy takes its place... Maybe SG-1 and Universe will get similar novel continuations, so that the stories can still continue. Normally, I consider everything but TV and movies to be non-canon, but if that all ends then I'd be willing to consider a novel continuation canon. Like the Buffy the Vampire Slayer Season Eight and Angel: After the Fall comics written by Joss Whedon. Even Star Trek has done this, after the 2009 movie came out. The Next Generation, Deep Space Nine, and Voyager have all been continued with novels even after the movie rebooted the timeline, so that fans can read what happens to their beloved characters next. At the very least, Stargate Atlantis: Legacy still has 4 more novels on the way, so the story isn't over even if there's no TV shows or movies on the way. Let's just hope for the best! :) Byakuya Truelight (talk) (Contribs) 17:48, May 2, 2011 (UTC)
- You would be missing out, the Star Wars expanded universe books are excellent, at least those set between the Original Trilogy and defeat of the Yuuzhan Vong, I didnt like the ones after that or have much interest in prequal books. But many expanded universe books are considered canon and great reads, particularly the ones involving Admiral Thrawn or the Errant Venture. 188.8.131.52 01:03, May 8, 2011 (UTC)
Today is the day it ends Edit
people today we see SGU's and Stargate's end and final episode, as for now It will be our last adventure to see!! buy popcorn or a box of soda and watch the episode today so we can give Syfy the damn ratings they want.......Smallvilleantonio (talk) (Contribs) 17:32, May 9, 2011 (UTC)
- That was a perfectly good shuttle, what a waste. GhostlyDeath (talk) (Contribs) 02:03, May 10, 2011 (UTC)
- That was a pretty good ending. It was pretty much like the first episode except played backwards with the ship shutting down instead. 184.108.40.206 02:05, May 10, 2011 (UTC)
- I could not have asked for a better ending than the one given. Graduation is like a death. We are then reborn when we enter college. I am preparing to graduate high school and the moment I recieve my diploma is the day a part of me dies but then is reborn. I have changed so much in my senior year. This show, Eli in particular, reminds me of myself. He changes from wanting to become someone to actually becoming it. He rises to the peak in today's episode but it makes me wonder, what will happen to him. Just imagine that the show is restarted in three years time.
- SOMEONE! PLEASE EDIT IN THE PLOT! PPLZ OUTSIDE THE US ARE WAITINGS!220.127.116.11 03:30, May 10, 2011 (UTC)
- Three...that is a beauteous number...the number of years that is relevant to my life..this episode was made for me.
- Oh and another thing, the shuttle wasn't wasted. It was for the greater good.
- I hope they revive the series at some point in the future, I will certainly miss Stargate Universe it's been an amazing series =') 18.104.22.168 06:55, May 10, 2011 (UTC)
- Unless someone take it away from Syfy it will never happen --Глючарина (talk) (Contribs) 07:05, May 10, 2011 (UTC)
- But MGM has already taken it from SyFy, don't they? 22.214.171.124 08:44, May 10, 2011 (UTC) zebooka
- Wtf r u ppl talking about? MGM has always had Stargate,
SyFyScifi just started airing the franchise somewhere along the way. Jauh0 (talk) (Contribs) 12:37, May 10, 2011 (UTC)
- But this was actually much better than I anticipated. Not excellent, but everything was good and the ending was very good. Now I do want to see the story continued, since those annoying drones are skipped. Jauh0 (talk) (Contribs) 12:38, May 10, 2011 (UTC)
- he is talking about the fact that MGM might be refunded and continue to support the show i think. NH-obi 12:52, May 10, 2011 (UTC)
- Yes, I understand that, but that cyrillic dude hasn't got a clue about anything and that IP dude has -2. Jauh0 (talk) (Contribs) 18:02, May 10, 2011 (UTC)
- Well they have a hope, at least the IP guy does, the cyrillic dude seems to be negative as shown by his coments down below. however it would be nice to get an refunding of the SGU project and get it restarted with earth having found out a way in those 3 years to improve their technology via the Atlantis database and asgard computer core. NH-obi
- It's actually a good coincidence that the plot in Gauntlet was what it was and that the show was cancelled, now they have 3 years to make new plans for the franchise. Jauh0 (talk) (Contribs) 20:26, May 10, 2011 (UTC)
- Maybe, but i do hope that they at least give an explanation on the destiny expedition. new serie wth more ancient/asgard tech powered tauri would be nice indeed.NH-obi 22:09, May 10, 2011 (UTC)
Stasis and it's brillianceEdit
I've just watched the episode, should have made it two hours to cover so much more but eh, it is what it is. TJ's ALS gets another 3 years so it'll be like 2018 before it presents. Also ran through the math based off of what the stasis pods on Atlantis and Aurora were capable of. Best case, they won't age even a month. (16.425 days) Overall as far as rushed series finale's go, one of the best I've seen. Not to mention that 3 year break leaves them an avenue to relaunch the series when everyone has regrets. —Pyroslev (talk) (Contribs) 16:21, May 10, 2011 (UTC)
- You mean 3 years break in story turning into 3 years break in real world? Its actually what I expect/hope might happen. It would be pain to wait, but still better than total cancellation, right? —TakeruDavis (talk) (Contribs) 09:08, May 11, 2011 (UTC)
- Another thing I just thought of. Two of the ancient robots working while their in stasis, even just as long as their batteries hold out, wonder how muc damage they can repair. I can see Eli getting that stasis pod working in a day, then using the last 13 days to get the robots working for as long as they'll run. Come out of stasis and the ship can hold a full charge, dial the 9th chevron and etc. —Pyroslev (talk) (Contribs) 03:24, May 12, 2011 (UTC)
So, as series is officially over Edit
One where the Vanir ally themselves with Atlantis to find some Ancient tech to repair their genetic damage. This would be hampered by Michael, who only sent a clone of his to Atlantis when he died.(Or this one would be another clone). They would also need the help of Todd and SG-1 in a race against time to keep Attero mk. II from activating, as it would jam all hyperspace frequencies. <insert a couple cool space battles somewhere> Someone plz make this. Jauh0 (talk) (Contribs) 18:20, May 10, 2011 (UTC)
I would like to see an episode of Universe (Though I'm sure Star Trek did something like this) where Eli, Chloe, TJ and Varro and Greer jump into their bodies in alternate timeline where Cowel didn't turn down offer to lead Icarus project. So he let Riley to dial Earth and Icarus project was officially closed due to destruction of the planet until further notice. But it also means that Varro and Ginn are still in LA and don't provide valuable intel, Telford is not exposed so Earth is screwed. This would be a great opportunity to bring back Riley, Ginn and everyone else who died. --Глючарина (talk) (Contribs) 18:49, May 10, 2011 (UTC)
I think an episode where the Attero device gets activated again really would be interesting and all hyperspace drives are jammed. The only way to get around is to use Destiny and its FTL Drive. If it were an episode where every alien race battles, it would be awesome. You'll have the drones vs. the Replicators, BlueBerry Aliens vs The Wraith, Ori vs. Obelisk Aliens, Ursini vs. Gould, and Humans of Earth just kind of fighting various alien races. 126.96.36.199 19:07, May 11, 2011 (UTC)
- Well, seeing as how the drones are so easy to hack, the replicators would probably win. I think the Wraith would probably beat the blueberry aliens since the drones easily took out 2 blueberry motherships. If you're talking about the ascended ori, then they might have a chance against the obelisk aliens. The Gould would probably be able to defeat the Ursini. The Ursini don't seem too advanced. I'm not even sure if their ships posess shields or FTL capabilities. I'd like to see how an Earth ship like the Oddyssey would do against the drones. Obviously the beam weapons would be extremely effective against the command ship, but all the humans have to fight the individual drones with is mainly just railguns and missiles. Also, I think a return of the Trust or Lucian Alliance would be interesting where they use Gould Motherships to try and destroy Destiny. General Heed (talk) (Contribs) 07:05, August 24, 2011 (UTC)
New SGU episodes on Youtube. Edit
There will be new episodes of SGU on Youtube in May 2011 and made by me. The trailer will be released soon on the site and the creator, the creator is my (Swedishdiablo). Hope you like the. Sophian (talk) (Contribs) 21:11, May 10, 2011 (UTC)
The Perfect Setup Edit
Guys, as sad as it is the stargate is off the air, this episode not only gave me another reason to start changing my opinion on SGU. It literally is the PERFECT setup for a pickup by Syfy or another network anytime in the next 3 years. Hell, even longer if they say there was a slight mistake in the calculations. Really, SGU couldn't have ended on a more convinient plot event. But if stargate does get renewed, I personally would love to see one thing in particular. Alot of people were bummed about the cancellation of each of these shows. So...
A.) What if they brought it back as the "trifecta". All three casts meshed into a sort of 3 part plot. They could honestly run the plot like that if you think about it. And I would LOVE to see the 3 interact on a weekly basis.
B.) If they have to, which they probably will, make a new squad. I'm not sure what you'd do now. With Atlantis and Destiny out of the way, and all the Milky Way ideas kinda expended, you need something original. Pegasus and Destiny surely have more stories to tell but I doubt we could get them back. But my interaction idea stands. Whatever this new show would involve. I feel its important to maintain the connections between the casts.
Was cleaning out my video files and saw one of the original trailer for Halo 3. "This is how the world ends, not with a bang but with a whisper." SG-1 and Atlantis ended in bangs, big and somewhat appropriate send offs according to their styles and general themes. Universe went alone at a constant whisper with some good bangs. So it's appropriate that it goes out with a whisper as that's how Destiny was meant to go through the Universe. —Pyroslev (talk) (Contribs) 04:50, May 15, 2011 (UTC)
"Don't give up. It's not over." Edit
With these encouraging words spoken by one of the more decent Ancient's Merlin (Morgan). I bring you good news. Remember the premise of the Stargate Universe, and the Ending? Of course you do. Now there is another show that starts off exactly from ever Universe left off. Here is a direct quote from the shows intro.
"Built by Ancient's so long ago, Destiny lay till we broke the code, now it takes us through the universe, on a mission to get back to Earth. We are hunted and on the run. And together we overcome. Fighting evil through the galaxies. Stargate ********"
I'm seriously going to get hate mail for this, but I figure that this might cheer some of you up, if only for a moment. So seriously this is a joke. Under no circumstances should you watch Infinity. IT IS CRAP. However it is note worthy that the intro talks about a situation that is almost identical to the Destiny situation, and incase you didn't figure it out, I changed "the Stargate" to "Destiny" on the quote. Also it's set in the year 2027 which is somewhere between 3 and 1000 years. Anyway let's all pray that this is not the end to Stargate. —Uriel718 (talk) (Contribs) 19:41, May 11, 2011 (UTC)
The finale was a perfect ending. - or unending... It would be amazing if someone picked up the series in the future - 3 years maybe?:)
Even if it's all and we'll see no more of Destiny and it's mission and the crew, we can think like that: Destiny was launched more than 50 million years ago... maybe it's not our time and the truth cannot be revealed yet about it's mission. And as we encountered the ship - with that spine-tingling soundtrack of it- now we shall let go of it. After all: we shall be thankful for that we've seen that much... for that we met Destiny.