What's with the mesurements on the fighter crafts? -- Awar 15:28, 18 November 2007 (UTC).
- No idea. I've created a fighter that's supposed to be larger than the 302 in paint (dont laugh) with a pixel-man for scale, yet comes in at 13 meters abouts. the 302 according to the DVD mag (x-302 page) states 30 meters length. I've created an accurate enough yet basic bmp which i'll do the same with. - Alex (I'm not registered yet) 19:06, 17th june 08 (GMT)
I vote that the article X-302 hyperspace fighter be merged into this article as a subsection, as it is merely the prototype and not a completely different design. - Bell'Orso 17:17, 25 August 2008 (UTC)
- I oppose this merging. It would be like merging every 304 class ship (Daedalus, Odyssey...) with the Article 304.—Anubis 10545 23:23, 25 August 2008 (UTC)
noy really, because every 304 like the daedalus, odyssey and what not have diferrent histories so merging them w/ the article is propostorus, but i to oppose this merging.—Tau'ri 21300 06:34, 12 December 2008 (UTC)
~it doesn't really matter but lets just keep them separate. makes no difference but the prototypes have a history aswell. just like how the prometheus and the daedalus r different.
and another thing, y don't they make a smaller hyperdrive based on the asgard drive for the 302s? and give them a naquahda generator mark 1 for power? they could use it for short jumps when need be. it says they r capable of hyperspace jumps but they r never seen using them except for like twice. or once.. i forget—SupremeCommander 00:19, 28 December 2008 (UTC)
- Probably because of cost vs usefullness, it'd be like a billion dollars or more for each drive Sman789 01:48, 28 December 2008 (UTC)
h right, cuz of usefulness. um no, it would cost like a bunch of millions in research to make it smaller. and then a small amount to make em for each 302.
eh, it would be better if they posted the daedalus to atlantis permenantly and have apollo run supply runs every 5 months or so—SupremeCommander 03:09, 28 December 2008 (UTC)
Shield Penetrating missiles Edit
I removed the section containing information that they had actually penetrated Asuran shields, or any shields, because they never actually were seen to penetrate active shields.
The one ship they did actually strike had been hit a few times, and it appears that the shields failed under the continual shots, because just after the missiles exploded, the next shot it was hit by also did not strike any shield.
Other missiles also struck the shields of Asuran ships. They never were seen to penetrate the shields of a Goa'uld vessel either.188.8.131.52
- There is no differance they are the same thing exept that the term hyperspace window generator is more accurate for the function the device preforms as it dose not drive or power the vessel. ~ 184.108.40.206 22:38, May 24, 2010 (UTC)
- The hyperspace window generator creates a window and continues to maintain a hyperspace window at a certain distance infront of the craft so the window dose not collapse on the craft cuasing it to be destroyed or damaged (Open a window to close to a vessel may damage or destroy it). The sublight engines are used to move the vessel into the window and direct the crafts direction and speed while it is in hyperspace (When they say we need to go faster they mean the sublight drive engines not the hyperspace window generator). Awar 04:32, May 26, 2010 (UTC)
- Should there be a mention of the speeds involved in the F-302's Hyperspace travels? In redemption part 2 they use the Hyperspace window generator for 1 second and are later informed that it traveled roughly 3 million miles away wich is roughly 1/16 of c. 220.127.116.11 20:03, June 16, 2013 (UTC)
Didn't Colonel Young say in one of the episodes that he could fly an F-302?. I don't remember which episode it is or what season it was?. Does anyone know what episode and season Young said he could fly an F-302.--TyphussJediVader (talk) (Contribs) 03:31, October 10, 2012 (UTC)
Armament: 2 Asgard Plasma BeamsEdit
Could someone please explain to where in this picture it says that there are 2 Asgard Plasma Beams?
Since it does not exist within the supposed source material as listed, I am altering the main entry and removing it until otherwise proven from a valid source they do in fact exist, after 2007.
In Legacy series the F-302 has been upgraded with shields and Asgard Plasma-Beam cannons. Edit
Can anyone confirm that the statement about the F-302 having shields and Asgard beam weapons isn't a joke? The edit was made at 20:28, December 1, 2014. I haven't read any of the Legacy books, but I'm 99% certain that the 302's can't be given Asgard shields or weapons. 18.104.22.168 11:05, March 5, 2015 (UTC)