LOL @ Kleenix as a reference article. I think that's great! --CocoaZen 20:07, 18 Nov 2005 (UTC)
Dialling out Edit
I notice that the article lists the possible ways that Apophis & his Jaffa could have dialled out. However having any dialling remote on Apophis' arm doesn't make sense as he says to the Jaffa to 'Ready' it. If he had this remote he wouldn't have needed to command them to dial. Unless one of them had the device (although I doubt it) Any thoughts? —Maybourne 14:07, 17 July 2009 (UTC)
- Manual dialing, same as SG-1 does in several other episodes Izkata (talk) (Contribs) 02:17, October 3, 2011 (UTC)
Expanding Universe ErrorEdit
There is a possible error here, unless the stargate universe works somewhat differently than ours. The whole "the universe is expanding" explaination for the inability to use the stargates to travel to anywhere else except between Earth and Abydos is only valid if the stargates go to another galaxy, as galaxies drift apart, not the stars and planets within them (more or less). So, if the stargate goes only to planets within the galaxy that the stargate is in, stellar drift doesn't matter.126.96.36.199 04:18, March 25, 2010 (UTC)
- Not necessarily, stars tend to orbit around the gravitational center of a galaxy at irregular paths so over many thousands of years the coordinates of a planet may have changed greatly188.8.131.52 16:12, June 9, 2010 (UTC)
- Let's not forget the fact that stars move! And things inside a galaxy might occasionally move away from...each other... "Aunt Phaigus! The power bill for the whole year is $7 billion dollars!" "Oh, that's just my Stargate!" This message has been signed by Morgan! 04:51, October 5, 2010 (UTC)
Last Refugee Off Chulak Edit
Who is that one old-looking refugee, with the dreadlocks, red cloak, and tooth pendant? He was the last refugee to come through the stargate -- anyone have any idea who he is or who played him or anything?
NinjaLord1138 17:59, June 24, 2011 (UTC)
Goof removed from main page archived here Edit
Removed from Goofs:
- When Teal'c and O'Neill are shooting at the Death Glider with Staff weapons, O'Neill shoots first, then Teal'c, but Teal'c's shot hits the Death Glider first.
It doesn't actually show their shots en route - there's no reason to think the shorts were perfectly parallel, and no way to know for certain which shot was fired from which staff weapon. Especially since O'Neill's wavers right before they shot. Izkata (talk) (Contribs) 02:27, October 3, 2011 (UTC)
Question regarding DC images. Edit
I can't remember what the consensus was in regards to posting differences between the Director's Cut and the one suitable for airing was. I was thinking that it was stated as long as the images of Sha're were censored, they could be added, but since they have not been added yet, I was not sure. I have three, but am hesitant to upload them, in case it's not allowed.
- You can upload anything that's from an official source. The main reason we haven't added the naked Sha're images is because...well...there's no real need to do so. I can't think of any valid reason to do so, and it would make the site less family friendly. —Jaymach Ral'Tir (talk) 23:38, November 19, 2011 (UTC)
- Yeah, I know it's not squeaky clean (these being ones I took from the DVD itself like all my other images, and then black boxes covering the naughty bits), but I figured this being a wiki for Stargate, it should contain as much info in the form of text or images on the subject. However, it's not a big deal if it's not there, since the CotG episode page lists differences between the Director's Cut and the Final Cut that is being aired on television now. So, I'll delete them from my images folder. Though, it is good to have the stance you have on the matter up where it's easily seen, in case anyone else happens to wonder. Thanks for the reply.