Epic Rank Fail Edit
Chekov's shoulder insignia as seen in Crusade show he hold the 3 Star Russian Air Federation rank of Colonel General, so why does the main page list him as a standard Colonel? -.- 184.108.40.206 22:34, May 2, 2011 (UTC)
All Russian military ranks are denoted with the use of stars of varying size, and a number of stripes. Company Grade Officers (Junior Lieutenant, Lieutenant, Senior Lieutenant, Captain) all have a single stripe (red for the army) down the middle of the board with either one, two, three, or four small stars (the number increasing with rank). Field Grade Officers (Major, Lieutenant Colonel, Colonel) all have two stripes on either side of the "center-line" of the board with either one, two, or three medium-sized stars. General Officers (Major General, Lieutenant General, Colonel General, General, Marshal of the Russian Federation) use no stripes but instead outline the entire board and have one, two, or three large stars from Major General to Colonel General (the stars are arranged on the insignia like the stars used by U.S. General Officers). The General (of the Army) and Marshal of the Russian Federation ranks are each unique from the other General Officer insignia. MasterSearcy (talk) (Contribs) 21:48, August 24, 2013 (UTC)
Dead or alive? Edit
I don't recall his death being mentioned explictly, and have always assumed that he could be among the 6 that beamed off at the last moment. Does anyone know of something that proves me wrong? 220.127.116.11 16:12, December 14, 2011 (UTC)moskevap
- How do we know he was still on board? 6 people beamed off just before the explosion and they never identified who the six were. 18.104.22.168 03:19, October 27, 2012 (UTC)
- Because we probably would've seen him again. He was too awesome to not bring back if he wasn't dead. 13621 (talk) (Contribs) 05:37, May 17, 2013 (UTC)
- Well, if you think about it, the commanding officer always goes down with the ship. Chekov was still at a terminal and he wasn't mentioned as being rescued. I believe this article should say that he perished with the Korolev. More dramatic that way.
- Okay, whoever keeps saying that Chekov's fate is ambiguous ,either stick with that and get rid of the KIA status on Chekov's fact statistics, or keep the fact that Chekov is dead and stop saying his fate is ambiguous. Pick one or the other!!
- riddle me this: has there been any word of god confirmation regarding his supposed death? no?
- then we stick to "ambiguous" as the 6 survivors aren't named. therefore the possibility chekov's alive exists. keep in mind that sg-1 (the show) ended just 19 episodes later, and that later installments of sg-a and sg-u obviously didn't involve russians to justify a guest appearance.
- if they actually stated no survivors besides daniel this wouldn't be an issue. as it is, we musn't make too hasty assumptions as there's a huge room for doubt in the form of those 6 unnamed guys. T̴̴͕̲̞̳̖̼̱͒͛̎͒ͫ̃ͧeͩ̈̽̈҉͓̝̰̼̦̫̤̀͠m̫̪̪̯̻͎̫̅̇̓̇͌̚p̸̙̝̓̓͌ͨ͆ͣͥ̂̕o͒̽͐̽͏̞̬̻͕͔͕͚̰͍͠͞ṙ̢̞͚͈̹̰ͨ̓ͭ̈́̌ạ̢̧̪̹̺̺̣̹̲͂͆̏ͪͨ͒ͭř̹͈͜͠y̷͍̻̜̹̼̾̽̈́e̵̹̼̟̦͚͐̈́͌͘d͉̲̣̻͉̱͗̅ḭ̷̻̆͋̆̓̔͝t̨͍̦̫̗͂̅̍̋̆ͩ͝ộ̫̟̬̳̝̲̾ͫ̒̿ͮ̑̚rͯ̎ͨͭ̄̿̽͛҉̠̫̱̠̘̘̲́ͅ7̩̻ͤͩͨ͝͡8̜̣̙͇̻ͨ͛͛̆͒̆̽̒͐͜͡ ͥ̍̉̃̇ͥ̓ͨ͏̕҉̥̹͓̗̤̠̖̤ (talk) (Contribs) 05:02, August 13, 2013 (UTC)
- Pendergast went down with the Prometheus, why not Chekov with the Korolev?
Russian Air Force Edit
Though it may be of little consequence, was it ever stated that Colonel Chekov was an officer in the Russian Air Force? Chekov always wears the uniform of the Russian Ground Forces, not the blue uniform of the Russian Air Force. In fact, the only time I can remember seeing an officer wearing the Russian Air Force uniform was Colonel Alexi Vaselov. MasterSearcy (talk) (Contribs) 21:48, August 24, 2013 (UTC)
The Captain goes Down with the Ship Edit
Ambiguity aside, Colonel Chekov was the commanding officer of the Korolev. That means he holds ultimate responsibility for everyone under his command. The fact that only six people were beamed off the Korolev means there were still crew members onboard the ship. Colonel Chekov has to go out of his way to ensure the safety of EVERYONE on his ship, even if it costs him his life.
This, plus the very fact that he wasn't even mentioned after his latest appearance, let alone appearing, confirms that Chekov went down with the Korolev. After all, Colonel Pendergast went down with the Prometheus and not everyone was evacuated off of it. 22.214.171.124 23:55, September 28, 2019 (UTC)