Should this be moved to Earlier (BC)?--GingerM 16:37, 24 Nov 2005 (UTC)
- Why? "Before 19th Century" is more specific. --Andrew Nagy 14:12, 27 February 2008 (UTC)
BCE/CE vs BC/AD Edit
We seem to be undecided on which calendar to use. Has it been discussed? --Andrew Nagy 19:59, 19 February 2008 (UTC)
- Though I understand that BCE/CE is the more commonly accepted "professional" way of doing it, I think we should use BC/AD for one very simple reason. The roleplaying books use B.C. and A.D. and they are a canon source. As such, we should stick to source material and use what they use. —Jaymach Ral'Tir (talk) 04:58, 20 February 2008 (UTC)
For the '10 - 5 million years ago' it says; An Alteran named Ayiana is left behind, probably because she was infected with the plague, and ends up frozen in ice. (SG1: "Frozen") (ATL: "Rising") We see that Ayiana is standing in the outpost when the Atlantis is leaving, if she had the plague at that time then the other Ancients in Atlantis were already infected as they'd had contact with her. I'm just giving my reasons before editing. If anyone has proof that she was infected at the time please say so.—Maybourne 21:35, 2 May 2009 (UTC)
- Also should she be called an Alteran, an Ancient or a Lantean.
- The name Alterans, to the best of my knowledge, was used in their 'early days' around the time they spilt from the Ori.
- The ones who were in Atlantis before leaving via the stargate at the end of the Wraith war had never heard themselves referred as 'Ancients' (it was said by Janus to Dr. Weir (SGA: "Before I Sleep"), when they were in the ZPM room I think)
- The ones who lived in Atlantis are referred to by others of their kind, usually anyway, as Lanteans.
- So, for now anyway, Lantean gets my vote.—Maybourne 21:35, 2 May 2009 (UTC)
I find it hard to believe that the ancients leaving the MW for Pegasus didn't refer to themselves as the ancients. When Jack had the ancient repository downloaded into his brain the first time he translated some writing saying "We are the ancients". Its more likely that at some point during the 10 million years Atlantis was inhabited by Ancients they started referring to themselves as Lanteans rather than Ancients.
I agree with you there. Those writings were translated to be 'We are the Ancients'. However I am pretty sure Janus was unaware of his kind being referred to as 'Ancients', as mentioned in (SGA: "Before I Sleep"). Therefore backing up the theorey that they were known as 'Ancients' after returning from Atlantis.
Atlantis Leaving & The Plague Edit
Tau'ri Rebellion - Omoroca's influence Edit
According to the episodes "Moebius" 1 and 2, the rebellion was started by the alternate timeline-combinations of SG-1 in 2995 B.C. However, in "Fire and Water", it is said the Omoroca was there 4000 years ago, this wiki seems to agree. So, that means Omoroca was there in 2000 B.C. almost a millenia after Goa'uld influence ended. Perhaps they show what happened to Omoroca before SG-1 speeds up the rebellion? That would make little sense, given we'd have an extra millenia to advance albeit not "extreme" advances (as in barely recognizable to today's technology) given that that the more technology you invent, the more likely it is you invent something else. Meaning we've made a LOT more progress in the last 3 centures than between 8000 and 3000 years ago...but still... the start of the Tau'ri freedom moved up from 2000? B.C. to 2995 B.C. is bound to have effects on our advancement in technology. Due to the fact that they say Omoroca probably influenced the rebellion, is it reasonable to say that the Tau'ri would have been "encouaged" to rebel by Omoroca's death a thousand years after the rebellion took place? I'm probably missing something, so what(am I missing, not "so what" he he)
A few disastersEdit
I tried to make these changes myself, but I broke the table because I don't understand table formatting very much:
- The Repo of Knowledge was built after the Ancients returned from Pegasus, around Merlin's sort of time or perhaps a few decades before, we decided that over at it's article here and so at the moment it's causing a contradiction in the wiki. At the moment it says it's before Pegasus.
- The thing about Wier being found by Janus, while in the correct time slot, aught to be above the leaving to Earth, not underneath it. It's not really a problem it's just that it's sort of confusing to read it like that.
- The Ancients ascended before the Ori, that's how they were able to hide the knowledge of the Milky Way from them. At the moment it says they ascended way before.
That's all I could see from a quick skim-read but can someone who knows how to edit tables plese make those changes for me or debate them on the appropriate pages. Thankyou :) Sman789 (talk) (Contribs) 17:09, May 23, 2010 (UTC)
Lantean - Wraith war Edit
The war itself started "shortly after" they (Ancients) arrived to the galaxy and started seeding life, the siege of Atlantis took place from 10,100 B.C. to 10,000 B.C. —Supakillaii (talk) (Contribs) 23:23, July 25, 2010 (UTC)
- no the war started millions of years later, as the ancients were inadvertintely responsible for the creation of the wraith by placing humans on a planet with the iratus bug, but the war happened in those hundred years--Escyos (talk) (Contribs) 23:38, July 25, 2010 (UTC)