Asgard vs Tauri-Asgard?[edit source]
While the travel times for the Deadalus class ships given on this page seem to make sense there seems to me to be a difference between the speed of the Asgard designed Tauri built hyperdrives and the ones on actual Asgard ships. The Asgard ships shown in SG1 are much faster than anything else we've seen; being able to cross the galaxy in minutes. I remember a quote from Sam that she'd seen the Asgard fly "clear across the galaxy in seconds." Also when SG1 travelled to the Asgard galaxy in Unnatural Selection it took them several hours but Thor said that this was far slower than the ships normal speed due to the fact they were towing the Prometheus. This suggests to me that the Asgard Hyperdrives installed on the Deadalus class ships are far less capable than the rest of the Asgard drives. ----
- Its due to a lack of power that we can't go as fast. And sign your posts.--WarGrowlmon18 (talk) (Contribs) 13:53, May 29, 2011 (UTC)
- It takes a Daedalus-class ship 18 days to travel the 3 million light-years to Pegasus under its own power. When it has some way of operating its hyperdrive at full power (say, a ZPM), then that time reduces to 4 days. As for "Unnatural Selection," we have no idea how far away Ida is; for example, there is one galaxy, the Saggitarius Dwarf Elliptical Galaxy, that is inside the Milky Way -- its stars orbit the Milky Way's galactic nucleus perpendicularly to the galactic plane, and the galaxy itself has been strung out into a ring. Without knowing how far away Ida is, there is no way to determine the speed of the Asgard's hyperdrive. 126.96.36.199 11:12, May 30, 2011 (UTC)
- Actually, Ida is about 4 million light-years awayOrion XD (talk) (Contribs) 06:03, November 13, 2011 (UTC)
- Ida is about 4 million light years from earth, so how come the Daedulas (using an asgard hyperdrive) takes 3 weeks to get to the pegasus (which is 3 million light years away) when an actual asgard ship using the same hyperdrive can get from Ida to the Milky way in a matter of minutes.
Travel time to Atlantis[edit source]
This isn't about an edit. I just have a question. At somepoint during the epiodes No Man's Land or Misbegotten, Weir states to Woolsey that it will take about a week for an Asgard ship to get them back to Atlantis. Does anyone else remember this and if so could you just make sure I have it right. I was surprised not to find that on any of the pages related to the two episodes or Asgard hyperdrive. Thanks Phoenix304 (talk) (Contribs) 22:46, April 27, 2011 (UTC)
How bout watchning the episode or reading a transcript, internet browsers have these fancy new search thingys these days...
You don't think I've tried that? Atlantis is no longer available on Hulu and I can't seem to find it elsewhere. And I realize I should have tried the transcripts, but I've been a bit busy so I haven't had time. This isn't exactly the first time someone has requested something like this on the wiki. Sheesh... Phoenix304 (talk) (Contribs) 05:13, April 28, 2011 (UTC)
- Well I decided to try the transcripts. It took a while, but I finally tracked it down. It stated that transit via the Asgard would "shave nearly two weeks off the trip". So based on my estimates, it takes about 4+ days to travel to Pegasus. Roughly the amount of time it took the Daedalus to get there with a ZPM. Phoenix304 (talk) (Contribs) 05:29, April 28, 2011 (UTC)
- oh and fyi, this kinda what the wiki is for. the fact that it wasn't on here is a bit of a problem. so maybe you shouldn't go being so...whatever. Phoenix304 (talk) (Contribs) 05:50, April 28, 2011 (UTC)
21 days (to pegasus) - 14 days = 4?
way to use math dipshit
Lol. I'm the dipshit here? Where'd you get 21? It takes 18 days to get to pegasus, not 21! And now lets see. 18-14 is....hmm. Oh look! Its 4! Huh, weird isn't it? Lol. I guess I'm not the dipshit here am I. Next time, know your stuff before you go pointing fingers, fool. Phoenix304 (talk) (Contribs) 08:39, April 28, 2011 (UTC)
- Lol someone just got pwned. But really man, lay off the accusations. This guy actually has a profile and he's trying to fix up the sight. What good is taunting him gonna do especially if you dont even know what your talking about
why would i want this piece of shit site to get any better, its like reading a piece of shit smeared on a computer.
Travel time on Promethus[edit source]
It says on here it would take months on Promethus but in Ripple Effect they said the trip would take three weeks so that should be changed. They probably thought it would take months since the trip hadn't been made yet.--WarGrowlmon18 (talk) (Contribs) 11:24, April 28, 2011 (UTC)
I thought I had heard that too. When I reworked the article I was just incoporating the information on the Asgards own ships and using the information already on the page. But yes, there was definitely a discrepency in what they said in Prometheus Unbound vs what they said in Ripple Effect. Maybe Prometheus got an upgrade of some kind, but either way, I think the more recent info is the more accurate. It makes a lot more sense too. Phoenix304 (talk) (Contribs) 17:59, April 28, 2011 (UTC)
Prometheus' Asgard Hyperdrive[edit source]
it says that the estimate of the Prometheus' hyperdrive speed is 136 ly per hour. that dosent seem right at all. say that the Prometheus takes 20 days to get to Atlantis, then the equation is (136x24)x20. the answer is 65,280 ly. the distance between Pegasus and Milky Way is 3 million ly. that is not right at all. it should be 6250 ly. (6250x24)x20. Might I request that this be changed?Orion XD (talk) (Contribs) 03:23, November 13, 2011 (UTC)
Top cruising velocity[edit source]
This is over on the Daedalus page, and I think it should be added here