- Major John Hunter - First officer
- Main article: Battle of the Super-hive
In 2009, after discovering the super-hive was heading to Earth, the SGC dispatched the Apollo and the Sun Tzu, Earth's only two available ships to stop it. The two 304s engaged the hive ship in battle, but did very little damage before the hive ship departed for Earth. The Apollo lost her engines and would take a month to reach the nearest Stargate. In contrast, the Sun Tzu was crippled and began venting atmosphere, forcing the Apollo to take her crew aboard. Colonel Abraham Ellis broadcast a message detailing the fate of the two ships and their failure to stop the super-hive. (SGA: "Enemy at the Gate")
Following the battle, the Sun Tzu is abandoned in space, too badly damaged to repair right away. Around a month later, Colonel Samantha Carter tells Teyla Emmagan and Lieutenant Colonel John Sheppard that the Sun Tzu has yet to be salvaged and they still have to if they can, indicating that the ship may have been damaged beyond repair. (SGA: "Legacy: Homecoming")
Behind the scenes
- The ship is named after the Chinese General and one of the greatest military strategists of all time, Sun Tzu, author of the Art of War, an ancient book on military strategy.
- Sun Tzu was one of Lord Yu's Royal Guards, and was cloned several times, the last one being his last First Prime Oshu.
- Joseph Mallozzi has confirmed that the Sun Tzu is crewed by the Chinese and is of the 304-class in his blog.
References and notes
|BC-304||Apollo · Daedalus · George Hammond · Korolev† · Odyssey · Sun Tzu|