The game used a modified version of Unreal Engine 2004. The game was developed by Perception Pty and would have been published by JoWooD. It would have been released on PlayStation 2, Xbox and PC. The game was in the alpha stage of development and since being cancelled has been showcased online by various people who have obtained versions of the unfinished game.
The game was said to have been based upon the events of the Stargate SG-1 seasons; the player was able to select their character for a mission and fulfil the roles of that character as seen in the TV show.
It was confirmed that the Alliance part of the name referred to the Alliance between Anubis and the new enemy, Haaken. The Haaken have never appeared in the TV show. They are a new alien race that was created by the developer's concept artists and game designers.
Many of the missions were in varying stages of development, with some closer to being complete than others.
- Mission 0 - Training
- Mission 2 - First Part of the Artifact
- Mission 4 - Second Part of the Artifact
- Mission 7 - Third Part of the Artifact
- Mission 8 - The Vision
- Mission 10 - Kelowna Invasion
- Mission 12 - The Shipyard
- Mission 13 - Attack on the Tok’ra Base
- Mission 14 - Looking for Grey
- Mission 15 - The Moon Base
- Mission 16 - Beta Site Evacuation
- Mission 17 - Attack on SGC
- Mission 18 - Countdowns
- Mission 19 - Assault on Tartarus
- Mission 20 - Tartarus
- Mission 21 - Haaken Mothership
JoWooD ended their agreement with Perception stating that the games current form wasn't up to their quality requirements nor the fans expectations. They had lost confidence that Perception could finish the game on time and in sufficient quality. Due to certain legal circumstances, game development will not be completed and the game has officially been cancelled.
The game was a First-person shooter with an option for a third person perspective, consisting of objectives to be reached during various missions and levels. Since the developers have not shown much of the gameplay, it's not very clear how exactly the game was meant to play out. However, from the video from the "Stargate Atlantis: Rising" DVD, it appears to follow the storyline well.
The primary cast of Stargate SG-1 contributed both their likeness and recorded dialog for the game, with a number of the secondary cast also appearing.
- Richard Dean Anderson - Jack O'Neill
- Amanda Tapping - Samantha Carter
- Christopher Judge - Teal'c
- Michael Shanks - Daniel Jackson
- Don S. Davis - George Hammond
- Corin Nemec - Jonas Quinn
- Carmen Argenziano - Jacob Carter
- Gary Jones - Walter Harriman
- Ben Lenzo - C.E.O Perception
- Radek Majder - Project Manager
- Alison Bond - Character Concept Artist
- Grant Regan - Environment & Vehicles Concept Artist
- Jason Morris - Lead Artist
- Viljar Sommerbakk - Lead Game Designer
- Ray Willis - Animator
- Aldo Sampaio - Sound Engineer
- + other uncredited developers
- Stargate SG-1: The Alliance on Wikipedia
- Stargate SG-1: The Alliance - Official Website (archive version)
- Perception - Australian developers of the game (Site has been dead for over 1 year)
- JoWood Productions - Producers of the game.
- E3 trailer
- Stargate SG-1: The Alliance forums Post on the Haaken.
- IGN post of the game cancellation
- Interviews with people from Perception and Cheyenne Mountain Entertainment as well as Alliance game play reviews
- Stargate SG-1: The Alliance interview
Notes and references
|Video Games||Stargate (handheld game) • Stargate (console game) • Stargate SG-1: The Alliance • Stargate Worlds • Stargate Resistance • Stargate: Star Gem • Stargate Special Ops • Stargate: Timekeepers|
|Board Games||Stargate (pinball) • Stargate SG-1 Board Game • Stargate SG-1: La Vengeance d'Apophis • Stargate SG-1 Roleplaying Game • Stargate Trading Card Game • Stargate Roleplaying Game|
|Mobile Games||Stargate SG-1 (game) • Stargate SG-1: Entropy Syndrome|
|Apps||Stargate SG-1: Unleashed (1 • 2) • Teal'c's Revenge • Stargate Command • Stargate Megaways|