An extract from Chapter 1:
“SO THIS...” Cam gestured to the machinery. “This can only move us backwards and forwards in our own timeline.”
“That’s my best guess,” Sam said. She pushed her bangs back out of her face. Her hair had grown out and was now caught in a ponytail at the back of her neck. “Just like Janus’ puddlejumper.”
“I don’t even want to think about that thing,” Daniel said. “Or anything else to do with Janus.” He winced.
“Sorry,” Sam said. “Sore spot.”
“Damn right.” Daniel had only been out of the infirmary for two weeks since his latest brush with one of Janus’ inventions. This one had gotten him kidnapped and electrocuted.
They all spun around as the gate began to activate.
“Firing positions,” Cam said, crouching down beside the control panel. If someone were making a grab for Ba'al's facility...
The wormhole opened and stabilized, a glittering puddle of blue. Cam's radio crackled. “SG-1, this is Stargate Command. You are to return to Earth immediately.”
"What the...?" Cam chinned his radio on. “Stargate Command, we still have a lot to do here. Colonel Carter...”
“Return immediately,” the voice of Sergeant Harriman said firmly. “Stargate Command has been attacked.”
- Ellie O'Neill
- Time Jumper
- Solar observation outpost
- George Hammond
- Distinguished Flying Cross
- During the commissioning ceremony for the George Hammond the Secretary of State is heavily implied though not outright stated to be Hillary Clinton.
- The rebellion in Ancient Egypt is stated to have taken place in 2495 BC while the majority of the story takes place in 2492 BC. However, in "Moebius, Part 2", O'Neill's version of the team goes back to 2995 BC, 500 years earlier. Despite this, the rebellion is still stated to have been three years before. This is likely a dating error within the book.
- It is stated that the drone weapons used by the Puddle Jumpers could not penetrate Ra's Ha'tak shield even at the start of the battle engagement. However, in Lost City, drones are perfectly capable of penetrating Anubis' shield that are far more advanced that any Goa'uld shield. An alternative explanation to the reduced firepower could be that all three Jumpers, being millenniae old through time travel and battle damaged, were already operating on a significantly diminished power level, thus reducing the energy charge in each drone.
- Five Tok'ra are shown to attack the SGC but only three board the Time Jumper and only three are found in 2492 BC. The other two mysteriously disappear without explanation after they come through the Stargate.
- Stargate SG-1: Moebius Squared on Fandemonium
- Stargate SG-1: Moebius Squared on Amazon UK
- Stargate SG-1: Moebius Squared on Amazon US
- Fandemonium on Facebook
- Fandemonium on Twitter