Gameplay[edit | edit source]
The game has players exploring the galaxy as SG team members from the alien and human off-world reconnaissance base Phoenix site. Players will be able to create characters from a variety of races that are allies of Earth, such as; the Tok'ra, Unas, Jaffa, Abydonians, Langarans and Aturen. (The Tau'ri race won't be playable.) 
The game system will be based on the D&D 5th edition Open Gaming License.
Chronological Placement[edit | edit source]
The Living Series is the official storyline that will be published with the game and continued to be worked on. Each "Season" is split up in "Episodes". Each adventure in-game will represent an "episode", with story elements building together in a living campaign to create a coherent "season", which starts during the sixth season of Stargate SG-1.
There will also be an official living campaign that allows players to raise up in ranks at the S.G.C. The publisher have an online system to track character progression and where players can also earn unique items and credits over time. Players are able to transfer their characters from one table to another to play with a different group.
The official season will take place over the game's first year. The upcoming storyline's working title is "Stargate: Phoenix - A Living RPG Series".  during Gen Con Online 2020. The final Episode of the first Season are planned to be release on GenCon 2021.
Development[edit | edit source]
The game was first announced in June 2019, and had a limited playtest run at Gen Con 2019. The publisher is working closely with MGM in shaping the game and it's new lore to be canon. Aturen is a new canon race created for the game.
From October 2019 to March 2020 the game continued under closed Beta, and in March 2020 a Public Beta Playtest was released. In conjunction with the playtest, a digital character sheet for the game was released for the virtual tabletop platform Roll20.  The game was planned to be released before August 2020, in time for GenCon that year.
In May 2020 the game's planned release date was pushed back to early 2021 due to the coronavirus pandemic. The publisher indicated that the game would have a Kickstarter campaign in the fall.
Books[edit | edit source]
References[edit | edit source]
- GateWorld: Stargate’s Tabletop RPG Delayed To 2021
- Kickstarter Update, March 2021
- Geek Native: Why Pick D&D for the Stargate RPG
- Stargate RPG homepage: Game Press Release
- Gateworld: What is Stargate Phoenix?
- Gateworld: Stargate RPG Creator Talks About Tabletop Game
- Gateworld: Stargate Tabletop RPG Coming In 2020
- Gateworld: Stargate’s Upcoming RPG Just Started Open Playtesting
- StargatetheRPG.com: Stargate Roleplaying Game at Gen Con Online
- StargatetheRPG.com: Update - Public Playtest
- Tweet: Roll20 character sheet published
- Stargate SG-1 RPG Kickstarter
External Links[edit | edit source]
- Stargate Roleplaying Game Official website
- Stargate Roleplaying Game: Gateworld Summary
- Publisher's Discord Channel
- Stargate Roleplaying Game on Roll20
[edit | edit source]
|Video Games||Stargate (handheld game) • Stargate (console game) • Stargate SG-1: The Alliance • Stargate Worlds • Stargate Resistance • Stargate: Star Gem • Stargate Special Ops|
|Board Games||Stargate (pinball) • Stargate SG-1 Board Game • Stargate SG-1: La Vengeance d'Apophis • Stargate SG-1 Roleplaying Game • Stargate Trading Card Game • Stargate Roleplaying Game|
|Mobile Games||Stargate SG-1 (game) • Stargate SG-1: Entropy Syndrome|
|Video Games||Stargate SG-1: Unleashed (1 • 2) • Teal'c's Revenge • Stargate Command|