Stargate Atlantis: The Furies, is the fourth novel in the Stargate Atlantis: Legacy series, which was written by Meg Burden and Jo Graham. It was preceded by Stargate Atlantis: Legacy: Allegiance and followed by Stargate Atlantis: Secrets.
Publishers Summary[edit | edit source]
The Enemy Within
With the lives of McKay and Colonel Sheppard at stake, Teyla Emmagan must once again assume the role of Queen Steelflower as she attempts a dangerous subterfuge — a subterfuge made more complex by a tentative alliance with Guide, the Wraith once known as Todd. But in order to deceive Queen Death, Teyla must embrace her Wraith heritage more closely than she has ever done before. So closely that she may lose herself forever …
As the web of intrigue, deceit and betrayal grows ever more tangled, this thrilling installment of the Legacy series takes the team into the very heart of darkness.
Chronological Placement[edit | edit source]
The events depicted in this adventure take place after season five of Stargate Atlantis.
Publishers Extract[edit | edit source]
An extract from chapter 1:
"That is the core of it," Teyla said quietly. "You need us. And we need you. The peoples of the Milky Way will keep you from Earth. That is assured. But I am not of Earth, and there is a limit to what they will do here, a limit we have very nearly reached. The people of Earth will not send enough ships to defeat Queen Death, and we will die."
"Teyla," Sheppard began.
"Truth for truth, John," she said, her eyes on Guide's. "They have neither the power nor the will to conquer this galaxy. They will leave us to you, and you have already seen where that will end."
Guide took a long breath, perhaps the longest of his life, very long and very strange indeed, his eyes upon this one with the seeming of a young queen but who was not. She was kine. Or half kine, the product of a twisted experiment which had given an animal the semblance of a person, the mental voice of a woman. His answers should be clear, and yet they were not.
His true queen would speak thus, once and away.
His eyes slipped past her to Sheppard. "And when we are done, Sheppard? When we have defeated Queen Death together?" Sheppard put his head to the side as he had done once, escaping Kolya's prison together. "All bets are off."
Notes of Interest[edit | edit source]
- Originally this novel was going to be called Stargate Atlantis: The Avengers.
Errors[edit | edit source]
- When Guide reveals that the Wraith Queen encountered in "Submersion" is the original Queen Death, he states that Teyla was the one to kill her. However, Teyla only tricked Coldamber and she was in fact killed by John Sheppard and Rodney McKay.
- When discussing Woolsey's past track record during his debriefing with the IOA, it is mentioned that his attempt to put Daniel in stasis during the time he was converted into a Prior took place a few weeks before the Asuran invasion of Atlantis; however, a key detail of Daniel's plan to use his Prior state against the Ori relied on the fact that the Odyssey had a ZPM, which was only acquired after the Asuran invasion.
Related Books[edit | edit source]
The following novel are also a part of the Legacy series by Fandemonium.
[edit | edit source]
- Stargate Atlantis: The Furies on Fandemonium
- Stargate Atlantis: The Furies on Amazon UK
- Stargate Atlantis: The Furies on Amazon US
- Fandemonium on Facebook
- Fandemonium on Twitter