Stargate Atlantis: Secrets is the fifth novel in the Stargate Atlantis: Legacy series, which was written by Meg Burden, Jo Graham and Melissa Scott. It was preceded by Stargate Atlantis: The Furies and followed by Stargate Atlantis: Inheritors.
Old secrets, new truths…
With his help she must journey into the Wraith’s distant past to uncover the shocking truth about their origin – and the key to Queen Death’s defeat.
Meanwhile, Rodney McKay has a different battle to fight as he struggles to regain his humanity in the face of the atrocity the Wraith have committed against him.
- Cair Leonid
The events depicted in this adventure take place after season five of Stargate Atlantis.
An extract from chapter 1:
"Is Colonel Sheppard with you?"
"No." Sam wondered if she looked as perplexed as she sounded. "He's not back?"
"No." Woolsey's face was drawn. "We haven't heard a word from any of the team. Nothing." His voice sharpened. "I thought they were to return with you."
Sam shook her head. "That was the original plan, but we had trouble getting in close enough to beam them out. I had a radio message from Sheppard that indicated they had been beamed aboard Todd's hive ship. I thought they'd be back by now."
"No," Woolsey said. "We don't know anything."
Sam blew out a breath. If Todd were holding them prisoner they'd be getting demands any time now. But that was less likely, given that Teyla was still masquerading as his queen. "It's possible that the hive ship also took some battle damage," she said. "That may be more of a priority than getting to a gate and reporting in."
A twitch of Woolsey's eyebrows showed what he thought of Sheppard's enthusiasm for immediately reaching a gate and reporting in. "Did they recover Dr. McKay?"
"I don't know," Sam said. "There was a lot of interference on the radio. Sheppard said they were aboard Todd's ship, but I don't know if they had McKay with them or not." She shook her head. "If not, he's dead. Queen Death's hive ship exploded. There would have been no survivors…"
Notes of Interest
- When posing as Queen Steelflower, Teyla introduces Laura Cadman to the Wraith as She Who Is Wreathed in Plants of Victory, a kinswoman to She Who Carries Many Things (Carter), while Zelenka is a cleverman of Atlantis, He Who is Son of a Famous Ruler.
- In this book, through the genetic memory Teyla inherited from the Wraith Queen Osprey, the true origin of the Wraith is revealed. Teyla learns that the Wraith were originally humans, at least one of which was from Athos who were taken by the Ancients and experimented upon in what Doctor Rodney McKay theorizes was an attempt at immortality if they couldn't reach Ascension or possibly in an attempt to inoculate against the Plague as was suggested in Entanglement. The Ancients claimed that it was an attempt to find a means to avoid being fed upon by the Iratus bug. Eventually, the original Wraith, ninety-nine males and nine females were able to use their telepathic powers to break free and escape through the Stargate to Athos. All of this took place in the Ancient facility discovered on Atlantis' new home planet.
- The fact that the early Wraith were able to fool the Ancients with their advanced abilities suggests that their telepathy is far superior to modern Wraith.
The following novel are also a part of the Legacy series by Fandemonium.
- Stargate Atlantis: Secrets on Fandemonium
- Stargate Atlantis: Secrets on Amazon UK
- Stargate Atlantis: Secrets on Amazon US
- Fandemonium on Facebook
- Fandemonium on Twitter