When you upload an image (a picture, drawing, icon), you must explain how we got the rights to share that image under GFDL (GNU Free Documentation License).
- If you created it (took the picture, drew the image, etc.), you have the copyright and may share it under GFDL or release it to Public Domain.
- If someone else created it, then
- the copyright owner must give permission for it to be released under GFDL,
- the copyright owner must have released it to Public Domain, or
- it must already be in the Public Domain because it was created by or for an organization whose works are all public domain (This applies to some government organizations.) or the copyright owner has been dead for a certain period of time (based on the country).
The following text is from SGCommand:Copyrights:
Images that do not have information about how the rights to post them here on the Wikia will probably be removed.
Examples of images with explanation of rights:
Note: Only the copyright owner can grant GFDL permissions. Everything on this site must be release into GFDL, and we do not have the right to release other copyright owner's material.