The President of the United States of America is the elected leader of United States of America. As leader of the nation that possesses the Stargate, he possibly has more influence on Earth's off-world politics than anyone else.
List of Presidents of United States of America[edit | edit source]
This list is based on the number of calendar days, rather than the distance between dates.
|Began||Ended||Days of Service||Terms served|
|1||George Washington||April 30, 1789||March 4, 1797||2,866 days||2 terms|
|32||Franklin Roosevelt||March 4, 1933||April 12, 1945||4,423 days||3 terms|
|33||Harry S. Truman||April 12, 1945||January 20, 1953||2,841 days||1 partial term, 1 full term|
|35||John F. Kennedy||January 20, 1961||November 22, 1963||1,036 days||1 term|
|37||Richard Nixon||January 20, 1969||August 9, 1974||2,028 days||2 terms|
|40||Ronald Reagan||January 20, 1981||January 20, 1989||2,922 days||2 terms|
|42||William Jefferson Clinton||January 20, 1997||January 20, 2004||2,557 days||2 terms|
|Henry Hayes||January 20, 2004||At least 1 term|
Alternate realities[edit | edit source]
- In an alternate reality visited by Daniel Jackson in 1998, the President was killed when Air Force One was destroyed by a Goa'uld mothership during Apophis' devastating attack on Earth. The President was aboard with the intention of flying to the SGA and escaping through the Stargate to the Beta Site. (SG1: "There But for the Grace of God")
- In an alternate reality visited by Lt. Colonel Samantha Carter, Henry Landry was President in the year 2007. (SG1: "The Road Not Taken")
Alternate timelines[edit | edit source]
- In an alternate timeline, Robert Kinsey was President in the year 2010. (SG1: "2010")
- In another alternate timeline, Robert Kinsey was President in the year 2005. (SG1: "Moebius, Part 1")
- In the alternate timeline created by Ba'al, Henry Hayes was still President. (Stargate: Continuum)
Notes[edit | edit source]
The list of known Presidents of the United States is unconfirmed, as some clear discrepancies exists between the Stargate canon and the true events of our reality. During the first six seasons of Stargate SG-1, and up until the seventh season episode "Inauguration", the President in office was never identified by name. In "Paradise Lost", set in 2003, Harold Maybourne clearly states that the current administration "is coming to the end of its second term". Since Henry Hayes was inaugurated in 2004 (presumably on January 20, as per tradition) and elected in the fall of 2003, this means that his predecessor must have been in office for 2 terms (uninterrupted, as the show heavily imply), spanning the years 1997-2004. The Stargate SG-1 Adventure Game mentions William Jefferson Clinton as the President in office in 1998, but since this was an unreleased, cancelled roleplaying sourcebook, its canon status is unconfirmed. If Clinton did not take office until a term later, it is possible that the President following Ronald Reagan, possibly George H. W. Bush, served a second term or another President was elected and served a single term.