Lieutenant Colonel Paul Davis is a man who goes by the book for which he is respected by his fellow workers. As a liaison between Stargate Command and The Pentagon, he is often seen at the SGC, helping Stargate Command when they come into disagreement with other nations on Earth and other portions of the United States military and U.S government.
- "General, all I do all day long is read up on the Stargate program."
- ―Paul Davis to George Hammond[src]
Major Davis served as the President's messenger to Stargate Command when they lost contact to the facility. He escorted Major General George S. Hammond to his airplane to Washington D.C.. (SG1: "A Matter of Time")
- "SG-1 is a valuable asset, but they're still just one team.
Major, you've got a lot to learn about how we do things around here."
- ―Paul Davis and George Hammond on SG-1 and the SGC.[src]
When SG-1 was captured by Hathor, he was sent to Stargate Command to coordinate the rescue mission with The Pentagon. After the initial rescue mission was trapped on Eskal, he informed General Hammond that the Pentagon would not approve a second rescue mission. (SG1: "Into the Fire")
During a Foothold situation at Stargate Command, the Stragoth called for him to come to the SGC and used the Mimetic imaging device to impersonate him. When Major Samantha Carter killed the alien impersonating him, he awakened and helped take back the facility. (SG1: "Foothold")
- "We have to blow up the sub and hope that we can contain any of the bugs that survive."
- ―Paul Davis regarding the Replicators on the Russian Sub[src]
When SG-1 were beamed onto the Biliskner to try to stop the Replicators from becoming a threat to Earth, Davis traveled to Stargate Command to coordinate the defense with The Pentagon. After the Biliskner crashed he informed SG-1 that they lost contact with the Russian Submarine Blackbird and it had been infested by Replicators. He inquired if any Goa'uld technologies they've collected can stop these machines; Teal'c responds that energy weapons are ineffective and only projectile based weapons can destroy them. He then traveled to the Naval base where the Blackbird was docked and helped to coordinate the destruction of the Replicators. (SG1: "Nemesis", "Small Victories")
Major Davis later helped Major Carter at the makeshift mission control in the Stargate Operations room during the test of the X-301 Interceptor. When the Recall device took the ship into deep space, he helped Stargate Command rescue Colonel Jack O'Neill and Teal'c. (SG1: "Tangent")
- "The Pentagon had budgeted the construction and launch of the satellite network at $80 billion, estimated time of completion to be two years after the start date."
- ―Paul Davis on the AG-3[src]
- "We are here to ensure the orders agreed upon by our respective leaders are carried out. We are not here to negotiate with you, Colonel."
- ―Paul Davis to Colonel Chekov[src]
He also assisted Daniel Jackson in negotiations with the Russians for their Dial Home Device when Teal'c was stuck in the wormhole after the Stargate deactivated. In exchange for the DHD, he offered Naquadah generator technology. (SG1: "48 Hours")
When Anubis tried to destroy Earth with a Naquadah asteroid, he traveled to Stargate Command to monitor SG-1's attempt to destroy the asteroid with a Nuclear warhead. He believed that the Tel'tak they were using crashed as it impacted the surface to fast but was unaware they ship entered a crater and was able to slow down. Later, he evacuated to the Alpha Site. (SG1: "Fail Safe")
When Anubis' Ha'tak entered Earth orbit, he joined SG-1, Jacob Carter and Dr. Friesen on a mission to investigate. They determined the ship was empty and ringed aboard. They headed to the Pel'tak and discovered the self-destruct had been activated and was stalled halfway through the countdown. He and Major Carter went to the computer core to try and shut down the self-destruct. Jacob had to activate the Life support systems in that area and unknowingly released three Jaffa. When they got to the door it was fused shut and Colonel Jack O'Neill used C-4 to bow a hole in it. They discovered that Thor's mind had been downloaded in the computer and took control of the ship. The Jaffa killed Friesen and headed to the Pel'tak. They shot Jacob in the shoulder and set the ship to crash into the atmosphere. They then ringed to the Tel'tak and were killed by Teal'c but the ring controls were destroyed in the fight. Unable to escape they crashed into the Pacific Ocean. They were rescued by Teal'c and Jonas Quinn in the Mini submarine. (SG1: "Descent")
When Julia Donovan, a reporter for !nside Access, got too close to the truth of the new X-303 vessel Prometheus, Davis was sent to try and convince her not to run with the story. When she refused, he and Major Carter went over her head to the network president. Under orders from the Pentagon, they granted her and a film crew access to the unfinished vessel, in return for her sitting on the story until such time as the government authorized its declassification. The tour went sour when the film crew was actually rogue NID agents who commandeered the vessel and held Donovan, Carter, and Jonas Quinn hostage. Davis had to answer to the wrath of Colonel O'Neill when the betrayal was discovered. Much to his distaste, he followed the Joint Chiefs orders and delivered the disgraced Colonel Frank Simmons and Goa'uld Adrian Conrad to the hostage takers. Knowing Simmons was in on the deal, he tried to force Simmons to talk, but Simmons saw through Davis's bluff. After delivering the prisoners, Davis continued to coordinate rescue efforts with O'Neill and Teal'c, as well as Major Carter, who had escaped and was hiding on board the ship. (SG1: "Prometheus")
After Senator Robert Kinsey's apparent assassination by Colonel Jack O'Neill, he helped coordinate the investigation with The Pentagon and the local authorities. The real assassin later tried to kill Kinsey again, this time was masked as Davis. (SG1: "Smoke and Mirrors")
- "First and foremost, gentlemen, welcome to the Pentagon....We've asked you here to inform you of a top-secret operation the United States Air Force has been operating out of Cheyenne Mountain in Colorado. It's called the Stargate Program."
- ―Paul Davis to the United Nations Ambassadors[src]
- "General, if I might have a moment with you. We're completely stalled, the Amorans can't agree with each other, let alone us. They're like...bickering children.
Maybe they need a time-out."
- ―Paul Davis and Brigadier General Jack O'Neill[src]
About a year later, He traveled to Stargate Command to participate in the negotiations with the delegates from Amra. Later, he and Colonel Albert Reynolds briefed Brigadier General Jack O'Neill on possible rescue plans to free SG-1 from Ba'al using Symbiote poison. (SG1: "Zero Hour")
- "I understand Major Davis and SG-7 are trying to help out."
- ―Cameron Mitchell to Teal'c[src]
- ―Paul Davis to Cameron Mitchell and Samantha Carter[src]
- "Good old IOA. Courageous to the end."
- ―Paul Davis on the IOA[src]
During the Battle of the Super-hive, Major Davis, now a member of Homeworld Command is introduced to Lieutenant Colonel John Sheppard and helps to explain how the super-hive has made it to Earth weeks early. When Sheppard suggests arming F-302s with nuclear weapons to launch a first strike against the hive ship, Davis admits it will take some doing to accomplish and sets out to get the process started. As Sheppard is about to launch his attack, Davis and Carter inform him that the Wraith are targeting Area 51 and that the Control Chair has been moved there. Davis helps Carter monitor Sheppard's dogfight with the Wraith Darts and is unable to object to Sheppard's plan to launch a suicide run on the super-hive as a last resort. As the hive ship scans the planet and then powers weapons, Davis reports on it to Carter and signals to her that they don't have ten minutes when Sheppard tells her that that's the amount of time they need. After Sheppard destroys the hive ship with his nuke, Davis excitedly reports that the hive ship has been destroyed and is greatly worried when they lose contact with Atlantis. He is relieved when contact is reestablished and announces that they are now tracking the city again. (SGA: "Enemy at the Gate")
- In an alternate timeline, Major Davis recruited the alternate versions of Dr. Daniel Jackson and Dr. Samantha Carter for a mission to Ancient Egypt to restore the original timeline. It should noted be that unlike the Major Davis of the main timeline, the alternate reality Davis wore a mustache. (SG1: "Moebius, Part 1")
- Major Davis is often jokingly referred to by fans as 'Major Disaster' Davis, as he only ever appears at Stargate Command when a serious crisis takes place.