Hi, Knightmare. Welcome! Thanks for all the great additions to the wiki! Hope to see you again soon. -- CocoaZen 16:54, 22 Jun 2005 (UTC)
There's a section called "new" on the main page, where you can highlight some of the changes and additions you're making. People can go to recent changes to see the full set. And you can point them to a few of your favorites. --CocoaZen 19:56, 22 Jun 2005 (UTC)
Hi, again! I deleted the Nurrti page as requested and replaced your "soft redirect" from Tau'ri to a "hard redirect" to Tau'ri. Are you interested in administrative privledges on this wiki? Please repond on my talk page. --CocoaZen 16:30, 25 Jun 2005 (UTC)
Could you please add information to the images you upload(ed) about how we got the copyright? If you drew them, you are welcome to release them under GFD Licensing. If someone else created them, were they already released by that person under GFDL or into public domain? How do we have the right to show them? (See SGCommand:Copyrights for more info.) --CocoaZen 05:09, 4 Jul 2005 (UTC)
- Knightmare - Thanks for answering my question about the images! I'm still not sure though... did the owner of the site Chevron 26 create those images (and so have the right to give them away)? And does that owner understand that by posting them here, they become licensed for other GFDL projects?
- If the answer to both of those questions is "yes", then GREAT, we can use them here. And thank you for covering the "payment"! If not, I don't think we can use them.
- Assuming that we can use them, I'd like to put a sentence or more to give credit to the owner of that site -- maybe a link to the site -- and the fact that the owner gave permission via you. I'm concerned that if we don't respect the copyright the wiki could get in trouble, and I want to set the example of always crediting and explaining how we got the right to post other people's work. If that's ok with you, you can write the first one, and I'll help copy it to all the other images.
- Thanks again for the great job you're doing! Between you and Pjotr'k, this is turning into a respectable wiki. :-)
- By the way, when you leave a note for someone, if you leave it on their discussion or "talk" page, they get an alert when they log on. I'm going to move your response from my user page to my talk page, so it follows that convention. (Luckily this time I was checking changes and saw it.)
- Thanks again! --CocoaZen 01:30, 8 Jul 2005 (UTC)
Hi. Could you please give me feedback on two things on my talk page?
Would you like to be an administrator for this Stargate Command Wikicity?
And now you're an admin.
More info: Wikipedia:Wikipedia:Administrators' how-to guide, Wikipedia:Administrators' how-to guide, Wikipedia:Wikipedia:Administrators' reading list, Wikicities:Help:User access levels, and Special:Listadmins for a list of admins on this Stargate Command Wikicity.
--CocoaZen 00:45, 24 Jul 2005 (UTC)
Did Chevron 26 give permission for the images to be released under the GNU Free Documentation License (GFDL)? If they did, I'd be happy to help you add something about that to the description of all those images. I think it's important that we make it clear how we got permission to use others' work.
Thanks! --CocoaZen 00:40, 14 Jul 2005 (UTC)
Glad you got your computer working again! And thanks for the response about Chevron 26. If you haven't already, I'll start putting in some notes to that effect.
The offer of admin rights still stands. Just let me know.
--CocoaZen 23:35, 21 Jul 2005 (UTC)
I've gone through and added
to the images from chevron26. Could you please add some indication of the other images you posted came from and how we obtained the permission to use them under GFDL? Please add that information whenever you post an image. --CocoaZen 00:18, 22 Jul 2005 (UTC)
Knightmare, could you please try to add episode references when you add new info to the articles, as discussed in SGCommand:Community Portal? Example: In the article John Sheppard you added info from the latest episode, but this should have been noted in the Sheppard article. Thanks, Peter R 10:24, 27 Jul 2005 (UTC)
Hope your trip went well! Welcome back. Thank for your help. --CocoaZen 22:33, 22 Aug 2005 (UTC)
Please, if you could give your point of view in the discussion raised at SGCommand:Community Portal regarding copyright issues and your involvemnet in copyright infringement. Peter R 10:50, 2 Nov 2005 (UTC)
Admin position Edit
As I have been unable to find a way to e-mail you, I'm writing this in the hopes that you might have some sort of notification that advises you that you've received a personal message. I'm currently looking cleaning out the administration list on this wiki and, as you have been inactive since 2005, I am afraid you are one of the names brought up to be removed. If you still want to hold this title, however, then please feel free to start contributing again and reply to this message. I'm more than happy to wait another month or so before removing your position. —Jaymach Ral'Tir (talk) 20:10, 17 December 2008 (UTC)