Ireland or rather the Republic of Ireland is an island nation in Europe. The north side of the island which is called "Northern Ireland" belongs to the United Kingdom while the majority of the island is known as the "Republic of Ireland" or "Éire" (in Irish), and has been an independent country since 1922.
Known locations[edit | edit source]
Alternate realities[edit | edit source]
- In an alternate reality that Dr. Daniel Jackson visited via the Quantum Mirror on P3R-233 in 1998, the Irish capital Dublin, along with many other of Earth's major cities, had been wiped out by Apophis' forces. (SG1: "There But for the Grace of God")
- In another alternate reality visited by Samantha Carter in 2007, an Irish village was bombed by F-302 fighter-interceptors. The village was an alleged training camp for terrorists to overthrow several European governments. The Irish Prime Minister had apparently given the go-ahead to bomb the village. (SG1: "The Road Not Taken")
Notes[edit | edit source]
- Even though Lt. Colonel Samantha Carter refers to Ireland's head of government as a "prime minister," the official title is Taoiseach. A more direct translation is "chief."
People from Ireland involved with Stargate[edit | edit source]
- Actor John O'Callaghan who plays Niam, the Asuran Replicator is Irish, having been born in Dublin.
- Actor Colm Meaney who plays Cowen, the Genii leader is Irish, having been born in Dublin.
- Actor Gerard Plunkett who plays Tuplo and Nem is Irish, having been born in Dublin just like Colm Meaney and John O'Callaghan.