This page describes how to start a new SGCommand page. For a guide about using wiki markup, see how to edit a page.
Starting a new pageEdit
A new page may be started in one of the following ways:
- Create a link to another page. While you are editing an existing page, and find a word or name that ought to have an article of its own, you can simply put it in double square brackets, [[like this]]. After saving the page, that word will link to the article, or will link to a form where that article may be created.
- Start from an existing link. As you read through SGCommand articles, you'll come across links to pages that haven't been written yet (links that look like this). Clicking on this page will take you to a form, which will inform you that "You have followed a link to a page that doesn't exist yet." All you have to do is start typing in the edit box. When you're done, click the "Show preview" button to double-check what your article will look like and to find any mistakes. Then click the "Save" button.
- Type out the URL. You can also go directly to a new page by adding its name to the SGCommand URL to create an address: http://stargate.wikicities.com/index.php/Sample_title — You replace the string "Sample_title" with your own title. If the article does not already exist, you will be shown a template page informing you of that fact. Then, click on the "edit this page" link, and begin typing your new article.
- Start in the sandbox. You may also start writing your new article in the sandbox, which is a testing area for new members. You can edit the sandbox, add your link, and then click the link to add your new page. (Be careful! The sandbox is occasionally erased by the administrators, so be sure to back up any important work!)
Caveat: Try not to make your new articles orphans!
- It's considered good practice to run your text through a spell-checker before submitting it.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.