Dean Devlin is a film producer and screenwriter. He worked with Roland Emmerich on Stargate, Independence Day and Godzilla and is even responsible for creating the TV series, "Leverage" which Devlin also directed twelve episodes of. Devlin has the distinction of being webmaster for the Stargate website, which was the first official movie website.
Dean's mother, Pilar Seurat, had a supporting role in the Star Trek episode "Wolf in the Fold" (1967), and she brought home a "phaser gun" souvenir for him. He was a young sci-fi fan.
Dean won Sci-Fi Universe Magazine Reader's Choice Award (1996) & George Pal Memorial Award (1998), both as Best Writer for 'Independence Day'.He and Emmerich do not consider Stargate SG-1 a valid continuation of the Stargate movie.
- "We have nothing to do with the television series. Let me just clear that up right now- We have NOTHING to do with the T.V. series."
- ―Dean Devlin during the audio commentary of Stargate.
- "Now there's a character who was going to play a nice little role in the sequel... But then they killed him in the T.V. series!- They killed Feretti in the first episode of the T.V. series!"
- ―Dean Devlin in the audio commentary of the movie Stargate
He later revealed in one of the special features of the 15th anniversary Blu-ray edition that Emmerich and himself were approached, but were busy with other projects. However, he now plans to eventually do the sequels now that the television series is calming itself down, and plans to have it with James Spader and Kurt Russell.
- Dean Devlin 's official public page on Facebook
- Dean Devlin 's official personal page on Facebook
- Dean Devlin 's official account on Twitter
- Dean Devlin 's official account on Instagram
- Dean Devlin 's official profile on LinkedIn
- Dean Devlin on ELECTRIC Entertainment
- Dean Devlin on Wikipedia